We can all admit 2016 wasn’t the best year, but we can also name the positives from the negatives. The year itself taught me a lot; it made me realise my potential in writing and wanting to pursue a career in the writing industry, I learnt to not compare myself to others and work on myself to better myself, I learnt that most obstacles in life aren’t a competition and so on. You know what Kylie Jenner predicted about 2016? Well, she was right!
Here are 17 things I want to do/ achieve in 2017:
- Maintain and get good grades
- Improve my skincare, diet & exercise
- Attend London Fashion Week and a music festival
- Purchase a faux fur coat. How dreamy is that!
- Try and make a cinematic video
- Have a consistent positive mindset
- Surround yourself with positive people
- Work on yourself, motivate yourself
- Take less, give more. Volunteer. Help the unfortunate.
- Make my family extremely proud of me
- Run more!!!
- Write more!!!
- Try at least one or two vegan meals a week
- Try something new every once in a while
- Embrace my flaws, everyone is beautiful the way we are.
- Become less dependent on my phone and take a breather every now and then
- Make 2017 a great year. Not only for myself but my loved ones also.
By all means, this isn’t a new years resolution, more like reasonable targets that I know and can achieve. I’m not going to lie, I am glad 2016 is over. Let’s make 2017 our year and achieve as much as we can!
It has been real 2016,
P.S. Just in case you didn’t believe me about the good things that happened last year, read this article! http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/11/amazing-list-of-good-things-that-happened-in-2016-delights-the-i/