I want my readers to feel as if they know me. I’m pretty sure most of you don’t know the basic facts about me (unless you’re my friends or family), hence why I’m doing the ‘Get To Know Me’!
- What is your middle name? Marie. Cool fact, my auntie’s middle name is Anne-Marie, my cousin got Anne and I got Marie. Another fact is Atiyyah- Marie would originally be my first name until my mum changed it last minute. Literally.
- What is your favourite colour? Questions like this always seem to make me panic, I don’t know! I don’t particularly have a favourite anything, because my opinion always seems to change on everything. But, if I had to choose it’ll probably be mint green or black!
- Who was your first best friend? My mum!
- How tall are you? It’s been a while since I last measured myself, but I think I’m 5’5?? I’ll get back to you on that!
- Cats or Dogs? Dogs all the way! Although, cats are cute
- Funniest moment throughout school? I’m still in school now, so I’m sure plenty of memories are still on the way. But, last year, my friend and I had a lunchtime detention and another friend tagged along, we were looking for our science teacher as he flaked on us, so we decided to go to the science office, to see if he was there. My friend made a joke while waiting for the teacher to open the door, and we all laughed so hard, causing me to hit my ear against the wall pretty hard! The summer before school started, I got my cartilage pierced and it wasn’t healed so I was completely freaking out as it was bleeding! Can you believe this happened in the span of five minutes?! On the plus side we didn’t have that lunchtime detention. Funny thing is, neither of us can remember the joke!
- How many countries have you visited? In my whole 15 years of existence, I’ve been to three countries. Trinidad and Tobago, America (Miami, New Jersey and Philadelphia) and Wales.
- Are you in/ gone to college? Nope! Still in school.
- What is your favourite/ worst subject in high school? My favourite subject is English literature and language, geography and chemistry. My least favourite subject is maths. The others just mesh in the background.
- What is your favourite drink? Can’t go wrong with water! Honestly, I don’t know. Never considered that question before!
- What is your favourite animal? Elephants and sloths.
- What is your favourite perfume? Daisy Dream by Marc Jacobs
- Tea or coffee? Well I wouldn’t be classified as British if I didn’t chose tea!
- What would you name your children? Eek! Haven’t thought about that!
- What sports do you play? Dance is considered a sport.
- What is your favourite book? *brain suddenly goes into panic mode* I don’t have one because there are so many wonderful books that I haven’t had the pleasure of reading yet!
- How would you describe your fashion sense? I think my fashions sense is whatever. If I like it I wear it, I don’t really care what others think about my outfit choice. Once you stop caring about people’s opinion regarding how to live your life, you’ll start to feel more liberated and free. That’s such a great mentality to have.
Now I have some questions from you guys!:
- What bands do you like? I have a wide range of music that I listen to, it goes from rap to indie alternative! I’m going to alter this question slightly and include solo artists 🙂 I like One Direction, LANY, Twenty One Pilots, Drake, Rihanna, DNCE,Coldplay,Foster The People, The Neighbourhood, Halsey, Lana Del Rey, PARTYNEXTDOOR and more! There are so many music artists that I love deeply!
- What do you want to be when you’re older? I would love to be in the writing industry! That is my dream, I would love to either be a journalist, magazine editor, author, poet, or blogger. I just love writing!
- What have you always wanted to? Own a fur coat (not made of animal fur ofc), become a vegan, publish my books that I’ve written, possibly start a youtube channel to connect with you guys more, also learn how to remix songs because it’s so creative & there are so many things that I’ve always wanted to do (I’ll make a list and talk about it!). Thank you for this question, its really got me thinking.
- If you could visit anywhere in the world right now, where would you go? I would love to visit Tokyo, Chicago, New York,Philadelphia and Hawaii!
- Do you believe in aliens? Who doesn’t?
- If you could travel back to any era, which would you choose? The 80s and 90s. They’re just such cool eras with amazing bands and fashion!
- Favourite social media? That’s a tough one! If it wasn’t for the 140 word limit on twitter, Twitter would definitely win! Such a simple question that has got me in panic mode! I’m a kinethestic person, so I would go for Instagram or We Heart It.
- What’s your favourite thing to do? I love,love, love hanging out with my friends and family. I also love writing and reading, such a joyous and endearing thing to do! I love shopping but my bank account doesn’t seem to agree with me… oops?
Thank you for reading and the questions!